Xiaomi mi5s , company’s latest flagship smartphone has been announced at am event in china . Guess what , looks like xiaomi has ran out of idea for its flagship and decided to copy iphone +meizu design blatantly. Front looks similar to meizu phones and back looks similar to iphone. Design aside , it has 5.15-inch 1080p curved glass pressure sensitive display and runs on MIUI8 based on android 6.0(marshmallow).
It has top of the line snapdragon 821 processor, 3GB/4GB of RAM with 64GB and 128GB internal storage respectively. In camera department it has 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF). The camera sensor used in this phone is Sony IMX378 1/2.3-inch sensor which can record 4k videos . It has 4MP ultrapixel front facing camera with a pixel size of 2 micron .
Xiaomi mi5s has improved ultrasonic fingerprint sensor which can unlock your phone in the blink of an eye. It has USB type-C port for charging and it supports qualcomm quick charge 3.0 to charge its 3200mAh battery.
Xiaomi Mi 5S specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD pressure-sensitive display
- 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB/64GB and 4GB/128GB (RAM/Internal storage)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera and 4MPultrapixel front camera
- Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner, 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions:145.6x 70.3x 8.25 mm; Weight: 145 g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3200mAh (typ) / 3100mAh (min ) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi 5S comes in Dark gray and Golden colors with glossy brushed metal finish.
Silver and Rose gold colors with frosted matte finish.
It is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 299/ Rs. 20,000approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 64GB variant and the 4GB RAM with 128GB variant costs 2299 yuan (US$ 344 / Rs. 23,000 approx.). It will go on sale starting from September 29 in China. India rollout hasn’t been confirmed yet but we can expect it to be launched in diwali period or christmas period.