Kingston hyperx cloud core gaming headsets have been launched in India and in this blog we will cover all the aspects of these headphones . These are meant for the gamers and are built according to the needs of gaming and gamers .
We get kingston hyperx cloud core branding printed all over the box and some of the specifications of the headphones are written all over the cover . The box packaging is done pretty nice and inside you get some booklates – warranty guide, information booklet cum specifications guide , a headphone , a detachable microphone and a 2m extension cable .
- Transducer type — dynamic O 53mm
- Operating principle — closed
- Frequency response — 15Hz–25,000Hz
- Nominal impedance — 60 Ω per system
- Nominal SPL — 98~}3dB
- THD — < 2%
- Power handling capacity — 150mW
- Sound coupling to the ear — circumaural
- Ambient noise attenuation — approx. 20 dBa
- Headband pressure — 5N
- Weight with microphone and cable — 320g
- Cable length and type — 1m + 2m extension
- Connection — 3.5mm mini stereo & mic plug (4 pole)
- Transducer type — condenser (back electret)
- Operating principle — pressure gradient
- Polar pattern — cardioid
- Power supply — AB powering
- Supply voltage — 2V
- Current consumption — max 0.5 mA
- Nominal impedance — ≤2.2 kΩ
- Open circuit voltage — at f = 1 kHz: 20 mV / Pa
- Frequency response — 100–12,000 Hz
- THD — 2% at f = 1 kHz
- SPL — 105dB SPL (THD≤1.0% at 1 KHz)
- Microphone output — -39~}3dB
- Length mic boom — 150mm (include gooseneck)
- Capsule diameter — O6*5 mm
- Connection — 3.5mm mini stereo plug
As soon as you pick up the headphones you can feel the build quality of the headphones . They feel sturdy and premium . The chasis build out of high quality aluminium and high quality plastic and that is why they are on the heavier side that weighs at around 320 gms . The headband is made up of soft leather band and it feels comfortable. There is hyperx branding over the headband and the color combo of red and black looks pretty dope.
These are closed over the ear headphones which can cover your whole ears due to their large cup size .It has memory foam leather ear pads which are super soft and comfortable. They are so soft that you will keep playing with them . I had no trouble watching 4 episodes of daredevil in single sit . Though your ears will get slightly warm and you will have to give them fresh air for couple of seconds. The cable has nylon coating over it so no fear of breaking .The 3.5mm audio jack has 4 poles and its gold plated .
Now moving to the sound quality , It has the best sound quality you can get for a price tag of $80 or around 3500 ruppees . If you love to listen music or watch tv series or play games for longer hours then these headphones are for you . It has nice and clean deep bass so it won’t disappoint bass heads . The 53mm large drivers do help in creating crystal clear sound . But note that it will not be as good as headphones build for only music as these headphones are mainly for gamers .
The mic provided with headphones is detachable and sounds decent . It is good for gaming and skype calling .Nothing special or exceptional .
Now moving towards the things I didn’t like about these headphones . First of all the cable is non detachable . It would have been better if the cable was detachable . The cable connected to headphones is short but you do get a 2m extension cable . Secondly I didn’t like the cables connecting two ear-cups .Many times they stuck in my fingers when I etched my head 🙂 Hope they will fix this in upcoming models .
If you wanna buy one I will leave a direct link in the discription down below . Make sure to buy from our affiliate links and help the site out . If you have any questions or doubts about these headphones do let us know in the comments section down below .