Xiaomi announced Mi 5, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at an event in China . It has a 5.15-inch 1080p curved glass display, is powered by a Quad-Core Snadpragon 820 processor and runs on MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with two-tone LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), resulting in a quick focus, DTI pixel isolation technology, Spectra image processor, 4-axis optical image stabilization (OIS), 4K video recording and a 4-megapixel front-facing camera with pixel size of 2 microns.
The fingerprint sensor is present It has a 3D glass body with strong glass on the back, is 7.25mm thick and weighs just 129 grams. It has USB Type-C port and packs a 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 that will offer talk time of up to 2.5 hours with just 5 minutes of charge.
Xiaomi Mi 5 specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display with curved glass, 95% of the NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness
- Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM / 32GB / 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage, 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- 4MP front-facing camera with 2um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 144.55×69.2×7.25mm; Weight: 129g; Ceramic: 139g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,000mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) built-in battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi 5 comes in Black, White and Gold colors . priced at 1999 Yuan (US$ 306 / Rs. 20,969 approx) for- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version with 1.8GHz Snapdragon 820 SoC, 2299 Yuan (US$ 351 / Rs. 24,092 approx) for the high-end version with the same 3GB RAM, 64GB storage and 2.15GHz Snapdragon 820 SoC and 2699 Yuan (US$ 413 / Rs. 28,312 approx.) for the exclusive Mi 5 Pro ceramic back edition with 4GB RAM, 128GB storage and 2.15GHz Snapdragon 820 SoC. It goes on sale in China from March 1st.
Looks like xiaomi has skipped quad HD display and saved few dollars and reduced its price , but the display is stunning as shown in the intro videos. 4-Axis image stablization is impressive and will be quite useful. Overall the mi5 pro with ceramic body seems an awesome device.