Xiaomi Mi Max, the company’s first phablet has been announced at an event in China. It has a 6.44-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display and is powered by an Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 or Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 SoCs . It runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has 2 variants one with 3gb RAM and 32gb/64gb internal storage and another with 4gb RAM and 128 gb internal storage .But going by xiaomi’s history I think 4gb variant wil be premiuim and will never be released 🙂 or very few units will be manufactured .It has a full metal unibody design and is just 7.5mm thick. It also has hybrid SIM slot that lets you use the second slot as a microSD expansion slot when required. It also packs a huge 4850mAh battery.
Xiaomi Mi Max specifications
- 6.44-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with 1000 : 1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC color gamut
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 / Octa Core Snapdragon 652 processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage, 4GB with 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 173.1×88.3×7.5mm; Weight: 203g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4850mAh (typical) / 4760mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Mi Max comes in gold, silver and light grey colors. It comes in 3 variants. 3GB RAM with 32GB storage and Snapdragon 650 SoC variant is priced at 1499 yuan (US$ 230 / Rs. 15335 approx.) , 3GB RAM with 64GB storage and Snapdragon 652 SoC variant is priced at 1699 yuan (US$ 260 / Rs. 17,375 approx.) and the 4GB RAM with 128GB storage and Snapdragon 652 SoC variant is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 306 / Rs. 20,445 approx.). It will be available for order starting today in China and will go on sale from May 17th. No word on the global roll out yet. You will be able to order this from sites like aliexpress , gearbest .