YU YUNICORN , company’s latest smartphone in Yu series has been launched in India . Though it has specs of a midranger devices Yu is calling it a flagship . It has a 5.5-inch 1080p display with 2.5D curved glass display with ultra-thin bezels . It is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P10 SoC and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which the company is calling Android on steroids since it has several features, including monochrome mode. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has brushed aluminium back and 8.15mm slim metal frame. It has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that lets you unlock the phone in less than 0.2 seconds. It has Around YU 2.0, an upgraded version of its integrated discovery platform that lets you find everything you need with a single touch. It will be released next month. It also comes with YU Wallet that lets you pay bills, recharge your phone and more. It has a huge 4000 mAh battery .
YU YUNICORN specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 450 cd/m2 brightness
- 1.8GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 4GBRAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, DTS audio
- 4G LTE,WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 4000mAh battery
The YU YUNICORN comes in rush silver, graphite and limited edition rush gold color and is priced at Rs. 12,999 for the first month. After that it will be priced at Rs. 14999. It will be exclusively available from Flipkart through flash sale. Registrations for the sale begins at 2PM today. It will compete with meizu m3 note , Letv le 1s and redmi note 3 .