Lenovo’s ZUK Z2 Pro, the company’s flagship smartphone has been announced at an event in China. It has a 5.2-inch 1080p Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display with 1.41mm narrow bezel on the side . It is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC and has 6GB RAM . It runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with ZUI 2.0 on top that also lets you sync with Apple’s iCloud. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash and hybrid phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) that can focus in 0.1 seconds and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has U-Touch 2.0 fingerprint sensor on the home button that can unlock the phone in just 0.1s and promises accuracy rate of 99.7%. The phone has 3D floating glass design and a metal frame. It has 10 smart sensors, including a UV sensor for sun exposure, heart rate sensor on the back and can also measure blood oxygen levels.
ZUK Z2 Pro specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display, 500nits brightness, 100,000: 1 dynamic contrast ratio, 100% NTSC color gamut
- 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPPDR4 with 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage / 6GB LPPDR4 RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with ZUI 2.0
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, 1.34μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, ISOCELL sensor, Hybrid PDAF
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- Dual (nano) SIM
- Fingerprint scanner, heart rate sensor, UV sensor, altimeter
- Dimensions: 145.4×70.5×4.6~7.45 mm; Weight: 145g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 3100 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The ZUK Z2 Pro comes in Titanium Black and Ceramic White colors and is priced at 2699 yuan (US$ 416 / Rs. 27,630 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage variant. It will be available for order from April 22nd through ZUK store in China. The 4GB RAM with 64GB storage variant will be available for order from May 10th, but no details about the pricing for it yet.