Vivo V5 is the company’s latest selfie-focused smartphone has been launched in India. It is the first smartphone to come with a massive 20-megapixel front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 1/2.78″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 5p lens. It has a special feature called ‘Moonlight Glow’ that induces a natural glow on the face which makes images more natural looking than that artificial overexposed selfies.
It has a unibody metal design with 5.5-inch HD display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection meaning you will not get that crisp and clear full HD display. It is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 64-bit processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Funtouch OS 2.6 and has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash. Again note that this is an entry level processor and there is not much of power in it. Looks like Vivo has paid opportunity cost for better selfie camera by using low quality screen and low-end GPU .
It also has a fingerprint sensor to unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds and custom AK4376 Hi-Fi audio chip for the best audio quality.
Vivo V5 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 20MP front-facing camera with Moonlight Flash, Sony IMX376 1/2.78″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 5p lens and 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4376 audio chip
- Dimensions: 153.8 x 75.5 x 7.55mm; Weight: 154g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- 3000mAh battery
The Vivo V5 comes in Crown Gold and Space Gray colors and is priced at Rs. 17,980. It will be available for pre-order from November 16th to 25th and goes on sale from November 26th. We would suggest you to think twice before buying this phone. If your primary purpose is selfies then definitely go for it and if you want decent front camera but great performance you can have better options like le max 2 , zuk z2 etc .