Lenovo A6600 Plus is the successor to the last years A6000 Plus. There are some changes to the hardware but in my opinion they are downgrades rather than upgrades from A6000 plus. Lenovo A6600 Plus has a 5″ HD 1280*720 pixel display and no confirmation on glass protection. It runs on android 6.0 marshmallow and is powered by mediatek mt6735p quad core processor. Last year they used snapdragon for the A6000 Plus and now a mediatek, that’s the downgrade I was talking about .
It has same 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage that can expanded using micro-sd card slot. It has 8mp rear camera and a 2mp front camera for selfies. It has mere 2300mAh battery, so battery might not last long unless they do some kind of optimisation for it. Good thing is that, it supports 4G VOLTE and that means you can use JIO SIM on this device.
Lenovo A6600 Plus specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735P 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM , 16GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Vibe UI
- Dual SIM
- 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash ,2MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 141 x 71 x 8.8 mm; Weight: 142g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2300mAh battery
Well, if you compare this specs with coolpad mega you can notice that most of the specs are same and you are also getting one GB of RAM extra on it and not to forget a bigger battery, Lenovo A6600 Plus is priced at Rs 7749 and will be available starting mid september. It comes in two different colors – matte black and matte white. I would personally choose the matte black color if I were to buy this device. Availability of this product on online retailers such as flipkart,amazon,snapdeal is not yet confirmed .