Lenovo Zuk Z1 smartphone has been launched in India in a crowd-sourced launch . The smartphone was introduced back in August last year and I don’t understand why they are launching it in India now . People can easily think that they are dumping their unsold stocks here in India .It packs a 5.5-inch 1080p display and is powered by almost 1.5 years old Snapdragon 801 SoC . Although sd801 is powerful chip but at the very least they should have changed the processor to the latest snapdragon 652/650 processor .It packs 3GB of RAM and runs on Cyanogen OS 12.1 based on Andriod 5.1 (Lollipop) . It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
Lenovo Zuk Z1 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 100% NTSC color gamut
- 2.5GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB LPPDR3 RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.0) internal memory
- Cyanogen OS 12.1 based on Andriod 5.1.1 (Lollipop), Upgradable to Cyanogen OS 13 based on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Dual (nano) SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX214 Exmor RS sensor, OIS, 1.12um pixels, f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, OmniVision OV8865 sensor, 1.12um pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor (FPC 1155)
- Dimensions: 155.7 x 77.3 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 175g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / GLONASS, USB 3.0 Type-C
- 4100mAh (typical) / 4000mAh (minimum) built-in battery with fast charging
The Lenovo Zuk Z1 comes in dark grey color and is priced at Rs. 13,499 in India.Again 13500 for an year old hardware seems too much as other chinese competitors like xiaomi and LeEco phones are available for much lower prices with latest harware . It will be exclusively available from Amazon.in through flash sale starting from May 19th. Registration for the sale begins 1PM today. No matter how good this phone is currently but when time passes android gets slower due to its software as well as hardware . Keep that in mind and if you wanna buy one buy from this link .